Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPSPS4005, 'Install, service and repair swimming pool and spa heating systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install, service and repair swimming pool and spa heating systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Prepare for work.
Applicable provisions of Australian standards, and legislative, manufacturer and enterprise requirements are identified and followed.
Work instructions are obtained, reviewed and confirmed.
Swimming pool or spa heating system to be installed, serviced or repaired is identified.
Installation, service and/or repair requirements of swimming pool or spa heating system are confirmed.
Required tools, materials and equipment are selected and checked for correct operation and safety.
Potential and existing risks and hazards in the work area are identified and controlled in line with work health and safety (WHS) and enterprise requirements.
Sustainability principles and the appropriate selection and use of personal protective equipment (PPE) are applied to work preparation and application.
Install and test swimming pool or spa heating system and components.
System or component is installed in line with relevant Australian standards, and manufacturer, client and enterprise requirements.
Installation work is coordinated with relevant licensed personnel.
System or component is commissioned.
Service swimming pool or spa heating system.
Service and maintenance requirements are identified from manufacturer specifications.
Replacement components are checked and fitted in line with manufacturer specifications.
System is serviced in line with manufacturer instructions.
Troubleshoot faults in swimming pool or spa heating system.
Logical processes, including the application of basic principles, system knowledge and experience, are used in conjunction with technical manuals to ensure efficient and accurate troubleshooting of faults.
Defects are located and causes of defects are identified and recorded in maintenance documentation, including where required, any other systems disturbed.
Specialist advice is obtained, where required and available, to assist with the troubleshooting process.
Components are repaired or replaced in line with manufacturer instructions.
Repair work is coordinated with relevant licensed personnel as required.
Appropriate personnel are sourced to undertake repairs or replacement activities that are outside scope of own expertise, require specialist skills or equipment, or must be performed by licensed personnel.
Fault finding and repair or replacement activities are carried out using sustainability practices and without unnecessary waste of materials or damage to equipment and the surrounding environment or services.
Swimming pool or spa heating system is commissioned in line with manufacturer specifications.
Complete installation, repair and service activities.
Swimming pool or spa heating system is installed or reinstated to operational condition in line with work instructions.
Work area is restored to original condition and checked for safety hazards, waste is disposed of, and tools and equipment are cleaned and stored.
Malfunctions, faults, wear or damage to swimming pool or spa and environs, tools and equipment are reported for repair or replacement.
Notification of work completion is made in line with enterprise procedures.
Information is provided to clients on compliance of swimming pool or spa and environs with safety legislation.
Relevant documentation is completed and securely maintained.