Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPSPS4014, 'Drain and acid wash swimming pools and spas'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Drain and acid wash swimming pools and spas' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Prepare for work.
Applicable provisions of Australian standards, and legislative, manufacturer and enterprise requirements are identified and followed.
Work instructions are obtained, reviewed and confirmed.
Draining and acid washing requirements for swimming pool or spa are confirmed.
Swimming pool or spa to be drained and acid washed is identified.
Required tools, materials and equipment are selected and checked for correct operation and safety.
Potential and existing risks and hazards associated with work tasks and work environs are identified and controlled in line with work health and safety (WHS) and enterprise requirements.
Sustainability principles are applied to work preparation and application.
Perform acid wash of pool or spa.
Disclosure, disclaimer and acknowledgement documentation relating to draining and acid washing swimming pool or spa is presented and explained to client.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected and used.
Pool is drained and acid washed in line with safety, regulatory and enterprise procedures.
Waste is disposed of in line with enterprise and regulatory requirements.
Unused chemicals are safely handled, transported and stored in line with enterprise, manufacturer and legislative requirements.
Accident and emergency situations are responded to in line with WHS, legislative and enterprise requirements.
Complete work activities.
Swimming pool or spa is reinstated to operational condition.
Work area is restored to original condition and checked for safety hazards, waste is disposed of, and tools and equipment are cleaned and stored.
Malfunctions, faults, wear or damage to swimming pool or spa, environs, tools and equipment are reported for repair or replacement in line with enterprise procedures.
Notification of work completion is made in line with enterprise procedures.
Relevant documentation is completed and securely maintained.