Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPWMT4056, 'Implement landfill rehabilitation plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement landfill rehabilitation plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Organise site rehabilitation.
Environmental management and site development plans are reviewed to identify rehabilitation requirements.
Hazards and risks are identified and managed, or reported according to organisational and compliance requirements.
Supervisory processes, checks and measures are implemented to ensure work is completed within time available.
Required plant, equipment, tools and materials are identified and accessed according to organisational requirements.
Safety barriers and signage are erected at work site to ensure safety of surrounding personnel and public, according to organisational requirements and compliance requirements.
Recontour rehabilitation area.
Area is recontoured so that it blends into surrounding environment or conforms to rehabilitation plan according to organisational and compliance requirements.
Dust is minimised using approved earthmoving techniques according to organisational and compliance requirements.
Final landform is checked to ensure it replicates surrounding environment and conforms to rehabilitation requirements.
Catchment construction is determined by site and weather conditions according to rehabilitation requirements.
Soil profile is constructed to stabilise contamination of materials, soil and surrounding areas according to rehabilitation requirements.
Materials for sub-soil are selected and used, taking vegetation requirements into account according to rehabilitation requirements
Construction of soil profile horizon is checked to ensure it emulates surrounding environment and conforms to rehabilitation requirements.
Landform construction is checked for completion prior to final soil layer placement according to rehabilitation requirements.
Soil horizon construction is checked to ensure it follows land contour to reduce water flow down slope and increase water storage capabilities.
Nutrients are added to soil according to rehabilitation plan and compliance requirements.
Construct drains and berms.
Drain and berm locations are pegged and constructed in appropriate locations and angles to ensure control of water flow, according to rehabilitation requirements.
Drain mechanisms are placed at required dimensions and appropriate catchment locations are provided for sediment according to rehabilitation requirements.
Erosion is controlled by placing appropriate drain mechanisms to reduce water flow speed according to rehabilitation requirements.
Erosion is reduced by placing berms at intervals according to rehabilitation requirements.
Seeds, ground covering, plants and trees are planted, protected and maintained according to planting specifications.
Fertiliser is applied according to plant type, soil quality, manufacturer specifications and rehabilitation requirements.
Planting arrangement is checked to ensure it conforms to site contour and pattern specification according to rehabilitation requirements.
Finalise rehabilitation activities.
Landfill site rehabilitation activities are recorded according to organisational and compliance requirements.