Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPWMT5058, 'Develop waste management emergency response plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop waste management emergency response plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Review waste management emergency response requirements.
Waste emergency details are identified according to organisational requirements.
Relevant personnel and emergency service specialists are assigned to undertake workplace hazard and risk audit.
Emergency requirements are identified according to completed hazard and risk audit, and organisational, work health and safety (WHS), and legislation and codes requirements.
Existing site safety plan and emergency response systems and equipment are reviewed to identify emergency response requirements.
Formulate emergency response plan.
Emergency response plan is formulated in consultation with relevant personnel and emergency service specialists.
Required safety information is incorporated into emergency response plan according to organisational and compliance requirements.
Personnel training in emergency response procedures is incorporated into emergency response plan according to organisational requirements.
Actions necessary to protect organisational interests are specified, according to organisational and compliance requirements.
Emergency reporting documentation is incorporated into emergency response plan according to organisational and compliance requirements.
Conduct personnel training for emergency response procedures.
Emergency response plan is communicated clearly to personnel according to organisational requirements.
Initial training is provided, and personnel training plans on all aspects of the emergency response plan are reviewed.
Understanding of emergency response plan is confirmed through personnel questioning and observation.
Personnel feedback on emergency response procedures is sought and used to update emergency response plan.
Personnel training records are completed according to organisational requirements.
Document and review emergency response plan.
Emergency response plan and personnel training activities are documented according to organisational requirements.
Emergency response plan is displayed in personnel work areas to ensure availability for immediate referral according to compliance requirements.
Emergency response plan is monitored, reviewed and updated as required according to organisational and compliance requirements.