Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CSCOFM404A, 'Provide guidance and counsel'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide guidance and counsel' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Encourage awareness of behaviour.
1.1 Provide clear, accurate and relevant information designed to develop awareness and understanding.
1.2 Encourage the individual to identify the consequences of behaviour to self and others.
1.3 Constructively address unacceptable attitudes and behaviour and negotiate changes.
2Encourage personal responsibility.
2.1 Encourage the individual to determine realistic and achievable individual goals.
2.2 Identify barriers to behaviour and attitude change and support positive approach.
2.3 Assess levels of motivation and commitment and encourage positive elements.
2.4 Identify realistic options for change, assess them for contribution to achieving goals and select options in consultation with the individual.
2.5 Monitor progress against agreed objectives, timetable and achievements and give positive encouragement.
2.6 Assist individual to monitor own progress and response to setbacks and relapses.
3.1 Support individual in identifying the sources and effects of personal difficulties.
3.2 Help individual to identify patterns of behaviour that may be contributing to identified problems.
3.3 Provide the individual with support in identifying and implementing positive alternative behaviours.
3.4 Provide feedback to enable further awareness of the effects of behaviour.
3.5 Provide positive reinforcement of acceptable behaviour and acknowledge progress towards change when indicated.
3.6 Identify and assess resources required to provide support, for their effectiveness and suitability.
3.7 Identify personal development and training opportunities designed to promote behaviour change and encourage participation.
4Manage conflict and negative responses.
4.1 Give clear and accurate feedback regarding behaviour and its effects and implications.
4.2 Set clear and reasonable boundaries for behaviour and seek agreement on them.
4.3 Develop and use a range of strategies to manage effective interactions.