Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CSCORG502A, 'Represent and promote the organisation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Represent and promote the organisation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Promote the organisation.
1.1 Use a range of strategies to promote a positive image of the organisation at every available opportunity.
1.2 Communicate issues, policies and practices effectively to a range of audiences in writing and orally.
1.3 Develop and distribute authoritative and specialist advice within the area of responsibility.
2.1 Design interpersonal communication to meet the needs of the audience and the objectives of the presentation.
2.2 Convey points of view and information that contribute to consensus in a positive manner.
3Liaise and negotiate to achieve outcomes.
3.1 Negotiate effectively to achieve the determined objectives of the communication.
3.2 Use conflict-resolution techniques effectively to ensure positive outcomes for participants.
3.3 Identify and involve appropriate key people in achieving outcomes.
4Build and maintain networks.
4.1 Develop and maintain networks and work relationships to provide identifiable benefits to organisation, clients and self.
4.2 Identify and maintain contact with formal and informal networks to assist in achieving determined outcomes.
4.3 Apply appropriate time and effort in establishing and maintaining networks to ensure their effectiveness in meeting determined outcomes.