Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CSCORG506A, 'Manage teamwork through delegations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage teamwork through delegations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Delegate responsibility and authority to others.
1.1 Ensure that delegations are consistent with organisational policies and procedures and the authority contained in legislation.
1.2 Delegate authority and responsibilities to people able to deliver the required outcomes.
1.3 Ensure information and instruction about the work delegated is clear, explicit and allows sufficient time for the work to be carried out.
1.4 Ensure that delegations take account of the developmental needs of the people involved and give equal opportunities to develop skills and experience.
1.5 Provide sufficient resources to ensure that the delegated work can be completed in the time required and the quality specified.
1.6 Review delegations at suitable intervals and revise arrangements where necessary.
2Negotiate targets for delegated work.
2.1 Ensure targets are realistic and achievable within organisational resources and conditions and are consistent with the organisation's objectives and priorities.
2.2 Ensure targets take into account the competencies and experience of the individuals and teams involved.
2.3 Negotiate targets using methods that promote commitment, enthusiasm and creative approaches from the people involved.
2.4 Identify measures to be used to determine progress and the times at which the targets and progress will be reviewed.
2.5 Inform all relevant parts of the organisation about delegated work, targets and the review of targets.
3Provide advice and support.
3.1 Provide advice and support to individuals and teams working under delegation to ensure understanding, cooperation, commitment and quality of performance.
3.2 Provide advice and support based on accurate analysis of the issues, obstacles and problems and their possible solutions.
3.3 Ensure advice and support give encouragement and positive direction to people involved in the delegated work.
3.4 Ensure that the nature and timing of advice takes account of the need for people to work autonomously and control their own work responsibilities.
3.5 Foster and promote the interests of delegated individuals and work teams in the organisation.