Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CSCTRA201A, 'Maintain security during escort'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain security during escort' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Identify prisoner escort requirements.
1.1 Check and confirm the requirements for escorts and organise resources and equipment according to escort plan and duty instructions.
1.2 Identify special needs requiring additional resources, and make and report adjustments to escort plans.
1.3 Ensure that all information relevant to the escort is gathered and made available to escort team.
1.4 Provide clear, accurate information to prisoners to address concerns and problems and promote cooperation.
2Prepare prisoners for escort.
2.1 Check and confirm the identification of all prisoners to be escorted against authorised information.
2.2 Check and confirm prisoner property, files, security equipment and all resources needed to accompany prisoners.
2.3 Confirm the classification and conditions of prisoners and note any special needs.
2.4 Search prisoners according to procedures and taking account of prisoner's sex, health and safety requirements.
2.5 Check and confirm transport vehicles, departure, receiving unit and location according to assignment requirements and escort plan.
2.6 Advise relevant people of movements of prisoners and complete necessary records accurately and clearly.
2.7 Apply restraint techniques according to assignment instructions and legal requirements.
3Support prisoner escort.
3.1 Check and note security information needed to assess threats and problems.
3.2 Provide escort security according to escort plans, assignment and duty instructions.
3.3 Identify and respond to incidents and concerns according to assignment instructions and security procedures.