Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUACOS303, 'Modify, repair and maintain costumes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Modify, repair and maintain costumes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Complete simple costume alterations
1.1 Set up and adjust equipment and work station according to workplace procedures and construction requirements
1.2 Use appropriate and compatible equipment and accessories
1.3 Complete simple costume modifications and alterations according to requirements for quality, efficiency and personal safety
1.4 Inspect sewn pieces and take action to rectify faults found
2. Undertake repairs
2.1 Assess costumes and liaise with relevant personnel to determine requirements for repairs
2.2 Follow correct procedures for preparing to repair costumes, materials and equipment
2.3 Complete repairs to restore costumes to optimum condition
3. Clean or launder, press or otherwise service costumes
3.1 Inspect costume components and determine appropriate clean or launder, press or service process
3.2 Identify and rectify any faults, spots or marks using appropriate equipment and treatments
3.3 Clean or launder and press costumes according to care instructions for fabrics, ensuring that delicate or problem fabrics are treated with care
3.4 Make necessary arrangements for the special laundering or dry cleaning of costumes
3.5 Document the dispatch and collection of costumes
3.6 Label, code and store costumes according to workplace and production requirements
3.7 Complete documentation according to workplace or production requirements