Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUADAN611, 'Perform virtuoso contemporary dance technique'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform virtuoso contemporary dance technique' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Excel at a physical conditioning program
1.1 Meet physical conditioning requirements of professional dance work
1.2 Demonstrate athleticism, stamina, strength, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility
1.3 Minimise risk factors that inhibit the achievement of goals and seek professional assistance when required
1.4 Observe safe dance practice by performing warm-up and warm-down activities in conjunction with dance activities
2. Practise virtuoso technique
2.1 Practise virtuoso contemporary dance technique across each section of class work
2.2 Demonstrate complex performance attributes and quality of movement in sequences of extended difficulty and speed
2.3 Show strength, precision and complexity in all aspects of footwork
2.4 Execute complex variations of contemporary dance repertoire with accuracy, applying the virtuoso style
2.5 Exhibit professionalism and adaptability to incorporate unseen combinations
2.6 Demonstrate through ongoing technical strength, diversity and refinement, evidence of advanced self-correction and concentrated response to feedback
3. Perform advanced solo variations
3.1 Research and analyse a chosen solo from contemporary dance repertoire
3.2 Execute repertoire with high level technical accuracy and virtuoso interpretation of music and rhythm
3.3 Convey a high level of spatial awareness, including floor patterns and aerial pathways
3.4 Execute solo work with a professional sense of musical individuality
3.5 Present virtuoso style with a high level of individual artistry, interpretation, expression and physical control
4. Develop professional practice
4.1 Refine professional work ethic
4.2 In consultation with teachers and mentors, develop realistic parameters for extending scope of performance practice
4.3 Identify regimes and artistic strategies to refine own performance technique
4.4 Incorporate contemporary dance terminology and history into discussions, and practice and performance activities