Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUADTM509, 'Refine professional practice as a dance teacher'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Refine professional practice as a dance teacher' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Adhere to the Dance Industry Code of Ethics
1.1 Comply with Dance Industry Code of Ethics when interacting with students and members of the public
1.2 Communicate with students, parents and carers in a professional manner
1.3 Inform parents or carers of the policy and procedures of school or studio
1.4 Ensure that assessment tools and procedures enable students and parents or carers to have access to accurate and honest feedback and advice when requested
1.5 Ensure that class sizes and dance school or studio facilities are appropriate to the age group and level of students and dance style being taught
1.6 Ensure that references to or comparisons with the services of others are fair and balanced
1.7 Avoid situations that may lead to a conflict of interest
2. Apply professional business practice
2.1 Report medical concerns along with referral recommendations to relevant personnel
2.2 Comply with statutory requirements regarding student confidentiality and duty of care
2.3 Distribute only promotional material that contains factual statements, the accuracy of which can be verified
2.4 Set up and use effective systems for managing budgets, finance and paperwork associated with own practice as a teacher
2.5 Demonstrate effective support services
3. Conduct teaching practice in an ethical manner
3.1 Uphold and enhance the reputation of the dance teaching profession
3.2 Ensure no attempt is made to influence or intimidate examiner at an examination or judge at a competition
3.3 Act with impartiality in any assessment or judging role
3.4 Act in an ethical manner with regard to other dance schools when conducting student recruitment campaigns
4. Work effectively with others
4.1 Communicate with others in a way that engenders respect
4.2 Share information and ideas in a timely fashion to enhance work outcomes
4.3 Seek information and ideas from others as required to assist achievement of work requirements
4.4 Observe linguistic and cultural protocols when communicating with others
4.5 Seek feedback from relevant personnel on own teaching practice and incorporate constructive suggestions into continuous improvement strategies