Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUASTA304, 'Maintain physical production elements'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain physical production elements' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Clean physical elements
1.1 Complete regular and timely checks of physical elements to ensure items are in optimum condition and ready for use
1.2 Identify dirty or damaged items that need cleaning and those which require replacement
1.3 Wear protective clothing as required
1.4 Clean physical elements according to safety requirements using appropriate cleaning agents and equipment to return them to original condition
1.5 Dispose of used chemicals according to hygiene, safety and environmental requirements
2. Undertake minor maintenance and repair tasks
2.1 Cordon off maintenance area and post advisory signage
2.2 Safely repair and maintain physical elements using appropriate techniques, materials and equipment
2.3 Complete repair and maintenance tasks according to schedules and priorities
2.4 Store physical elements according to organisational procedures
2.5 Identify tasks requiring specialist attention and refer to appropriate colleagues
3. Undertake basic administrative tasks
3.1 Process and forward maintenance requests to appropriate colleagues
3.2 Clarify instructions with persons making requests as required
3.3 Complete and distribute workplace documentation as required