Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUEOHS01B, 'Implement workplace health, safety and security procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement workplace health, safety and security procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Provide information on health and safety
Provide relevant information to the work group about occupational health and safety policies, procedures and programs
Clearly explain OHS legislation and industry codes of practice to colleagues
Coordinate participation in health and safety issues
Implement and monitor organisational procedures for consultation over occupational health and safety issues to ensure that all members of the work group have the opportunity to contribute
Deal with and resolve issues raised through consultation and resolve them promptly or refer them to the appropriate personnel for resolution in accordance with workplace procedures
Make the outcomes of consultation over occupational health and safety issues known to the work group promptly
Implement and monitor procedures for controlling hazards and risks
Identify and report existing and potential hazards in the work area so that risk assessment and risk control procedures can be applied
Implement work procedures to control risks and monitor adherence to them by the work group in accordance with workplace procedures
Monitor existing risk control measures and report results regularly in accordance with workplace procedures
Identify inadequacies in existing risk control measures in accordance with the hierarchy of control and report to designated personnel
Implement and monitor health and safety training
Identify occupational health and safety training needs accurately based on regular workplace monitoring
Make timely arrangements for fulfilling identified occupational health and safety training needs in consultation with relevant parties
Maintain occupational health and safety records
Complete occupational health and safety records accurately and legibly in accordance with workplace and legislative requirements
Use data to provide reliable and timely input to the management of workplace health and safety