Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUEPMT11A, 'Manage the production process'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage the production process' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Interpret the creative parameters of the production
Participate in preliminary discussions with appropriate personnel to interpret and confirm their creative intentions for the production/event
Read, analyse and interpret any design or production documents and notes to establish a full picture of production requirements and challenges
Identify and confirm production and technical parameters
Liaise with relevant technical personnel and determine the range and numbers of staging and technical elements for the production
Develop an overall operational plan and develop and document schedules for the completion of various stages of production planning to ensure deadlines can be met
Provide advice to relevant personnel regarding technical, artistic and safety issues that may affect the production/event
Co ordinate production meetings
Liaise with appropriate personnel and allocate times for production meetings to ensure most efficient and cost effective use of time
Chair production meetings and ensure that all artistic and technical issues are discussed and resolved
Provide current, clear and accurate reports on the progress of various aspects of the pre-production activities
Notify all relevant colleagues of meeting outcomes which affect their work activities.
Keep accurate records of decisions made and actions required.
Monitor the production planning phase
Take an active role in maintaining a creative and technical overview of the project
Continually liaise with the technical and artistic production team to ascertain and act upon requirements which can be organised on their behalf
Assess the progress of pre-production activities against timelines and budget and make adjustments accordingly
Determine any need for additional resources to be applied and take necessary action to ensure production requirements are met
Communicate with appropriate personnel regularly throughout the pre-production phase in an open manner to maintain positive working relations and to ensure efficient, safe and disciplined production practices
Prepare, distribute and maintain required production documentation and information
Prepare and/or check production documentation and information and ensure it is complete, accurate and legible and meets with production requirements
Copy and circulate production documentation and information of the appropriate personnel in accordance with organisational procedures
Develop and maintain accurate records of distribution of documentation
Continually review and update documentation to reflect changed production requirements