Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUSADM04A, 'Manage a major project'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage a major project' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Define the scope of the project
Clarify aim, purpose, product, outcome of project and the most up to date technology appropriate/available for that project
Develop a project budget and confirm with relevant parties
Determine and confirm a resources strategy for the project, including finance, personnel, equipment requirements
Determine the levels of responsibility of those working on the project or managing sections of the project
Communicate responsibilities clearly to all those involved
Develop overall project plan
Develop the project plan including timeline, schedules, deliverables and contribution from the sections of the project
Develop a strategy for risk management, resource management including human resources and equipment, for the project as a whole and for all sections of the project
Clarify and confirm resource requirements and where they can be obtained
Specify and confirm timeline and what is to be achieved by each deadline
Consult with team members and section managers and take their views into account when formulating plan
Inform the managers of the sections of the project, the team members and other relevant personnel of the project plan, the deadlines and how the whole project is to be organised
Monitor all aspects of the project
Implement project plan
Support all those involved in the project to ensure that project outcomes can be achieved.
Use sound interpersonal skills to build trust and cooperation with the project team
Assess progress against milestones and take contingency action where and as required to ensure that project deadlines are met
Adjust project plan in line with contingencies
Establish and maintain a file of all relevant documentation and correspondence
Monitor financial control systems and take necessary action to maintain costs as planned
Provide reports to project team as required
Provide feedback to those managing sections of the project
Finalise project within the agreed timelines
Evaluate the whole project
Evaluate project in terms of how well the complete project satisfied the aim, purpose, and product
Evaluate the quality of the outcome/product
Include the project team members in the review process
Review the project plan
Share information from the project evaluation with appropriate colleagues and incorporated into future project planning and management