Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CUVADM05B, 'Plan and develop information management systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and develop information management systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1 Determine information management requirements.
1.1 Establish broad information management requirements based on organisational vision, objectives and current priorities.
1.2 Clarify the purposes for which information is required in consultation with relevant colleagues.
1.3 Correctly identify the nature and sources of the information required to meet the purpose.
2 Develop an information management plan.
2.1 Identify appropriate methods of collecting, analysing and disseminating relevant information consistent with the purpose of the information.
2.2 Establish a schedule for the collection, analysis and dissemination of relevant information.
2.3 Plan appropriatesystems for the management of information, including allocation of responsibilities and resources.
2.4 Consult with relevant colleagues in relation to information management planning.
3 Implement information management systems.
3.1 Provide appropriate advance information on new systems to colleagues.
3.2 Introduce information management systems and procedures to the workplace in a manner that causes minimum disruption to colleagues.
3.3 Ensure adequate resourcing of new systems/procedures in consultation with colleagues.
3.4 Provide training and support to colleagues as required.
4 Review and update information management plan.
4.1 Establish methods for periodic review of information management needs.
4.2 Conduct review of information management according to the agreed methods.
4.3 Adjust information management plan and system to respond to changing and emerging information management needs.