Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCA013, 'Perform a team free fall parachute descent'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform a team free fall parachute descent' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for a team free fall parachute descent with combat equipment
1.1 Instructions to conduct a team free fall parachute descent are received and details are confirmed with supervisor as necessary.
1.2 Appropriate equipment is selected, inspected for serviceability, fitted and packed, in accordance with standard procedures.
1.3 Unserviceable equipment is quarantined and reported in accordance with standard procedures.
1.4 Conduct of the descent is rehearsed with team members prior to boarding the aircraft.
2. Complete on board aircraft procedures with combat equipment
2.1 Aircraft is boarded, and self and equipment are positioned and secured in accordance with standard procedures.
2.2 Verbal and non
2.3 On board procedures and individual safety checksare carried out when instructed by authorised personnel, in accordance with standard procedures.
3. Exit from the aircraft and descend by free fall as a member of a team while carrying combat equipment
3.1 Approved team techniques are used to exit the aircraft.
3.2 Stability in free fall flight is established and maintained while carrying combat equipment.
3.3 When necessary, instability is recovered during exit and free fall team environment, while carrying combat equipment.
3.4 Relative position within the team is established and maintained while carrying combat equipment.
3.5 Situational awareness is appropriately maintained during day and night descents.
3.6 Individual and team free fall positions and manoeuvres are carried out in accordance with standard procedures.
3.7 Effective verbal and non
4. Control a ram
4.1 Parachute is activated to open at a designated time or height in accordance with standard procedures.
4.2 Relevant drills are conducted to detect and rectify malfunctions and routine opening problems, in accordance with standard procedures.
4.3 Team leader and team members are identified after canopy opening during day and night descents.
4.4 Team day and night descent are maintained using canopy control and manoeuvre techniques in accordance with standard procedures.
4.5 Controllability checks and malfunction drills are conducted in accordance with standard procedures.
4.6 4.5 Contingency and emergency situations are assessed and the correct drills are while carrying combat equipment are applied to rectify the situation.
5. Land on a drop zone as a member of a team while carrying combat equipment
5.1 Designated drop zone marking and wind indicators for day and night descents are identified and target approach is planned.
5.2 Target approach techniques are applied in accordance with standard procedures.
5.3 Combat equipment is lowered at the correct height during approach in accordance with standard procedures.
5.4 Landing is completed safely by day and night for a team descent in accordance with environmental conditions and standard procedures.
5.5 Emergency landings drills with combat equipment are completed in accordance with standard procedures.
5.6 Harness release and drag procedures are applied in accordance with standard procedures and drop zone is cleared without adversely affecting other team members.
6. Complete free fall post descent procedures
6.1 Performance during team free fall parachute descent is reviewed.
6.2 Documentation is completed accurately and clearly in accordance with standard procedures.