Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCA101B, 'Operate and maintain an armoured fighting vehicle'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate and maintain an armoured fighting vehicle' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare armoured fighting vehicle for operations
1.1 Armoured fighting vehicle is checked for operation, documentation is completed and equipment is stowed in accordance with standard procedures
1.2 In-service ammunition is identified and handled in accordance with standard procedures
1.3 Armoured fighting vehicle is prepared for battle
1.4 Armoured fighting vehicle faults are identified, reported and/or rectified in accordance with standard procedures
1.5 Occupational health and safety (OH&S) requirements and recognised safety precautions are applied throughout the operation in accordance with standard procedures
2. Operate armoured fighting vehicle
2.1 Road laws and other legislative requirements are applied throughout the operation in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
2.2 Armoured fighting vehicle is driven in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
2.3 Tactical operating techniques are applied in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
2.4 Driving techniques to negotiate complex terrain are applied in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
2.5 Faults are reacted to in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
2.6 Armoured fighting vehicle is manoeuvred to allow the direct fire weapon systems to be employed in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
2.7 Vehicle communications systems are operated in accordance with standard procedures
2.8 Navigational techniques are applied in accordance with orders and standard procedures
3. Conduct operator maintenance
3.1 Inspections and checks are conducted to maintain armoured fighting vehicle performance in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
3.2 Armoured fighting vehicle sub-systems and ancillary equipment are tested, adjusted or replaced in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures
3.3 Relevant documentation is completed and stored in accordance with standard procedures