Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCM304A, 'Establish and operate a field kitchen'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish and operate a field kitchen' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for field catering operations
1.1 Situation is analysed to determine catering requirements and a catering plan is developed.
1.2 Personnel, stores and equipment required to complete task are calculated and organised.
1.3 Catering team is briefed in accordance with workplace procedures.
1.4 Tasking is issued to team members in accordance with workplace procedures.
1.5 Personnel are familiarised in the correct operation of field catering equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and workplace procedures.
1.6 Work health and safety (WHS) requirements and recognised safety precautions are applied throughout the operation in accordance with standard procedures.
1.7 Food safety plan is developed and provided to team members.
1.8 Preparation of stores and equipment is coordinated to ensure they are operational, and are ready for use and deployment.
1.9 Suitable transport is organised to move personnel and equipment to the catering activity.
1.10 Dangerous cargo is transported in accordance with government regulations.
1.11 Competence of team members is confirmed and monitored throughout the activity.
1.12 Liaison is undertaken with outside agencies as required.
2. Supervise the establishment of a field kitchen
2.1 Field kitchen is sited in accordance with workplace and environmental procedures.
2.2 Staff are tasked to establish field catering facilities and progress is monitored to ensure it complies with the catering plan.
2.3 Setting up of catering stores and equipment is coordinated to ensure the facility is operational and ready for use.
2.4 Problems with the establishment are identified and rectified as they occur to ensure the activity is in accordance with the catering plan.
2.5 Support from outside agencies is organised and directed.
2.6 Safety equipment is set up prior to commencing catering operations.
2.7 All unexpected situations that require a quick and decisive response are recognised and responded to in accordance with operational requirements and standard procedures.
3. Maintain field catering operations
3.1 Personnel and resources are allocated to meet task requirements.
3.2 Resources required to operate the facility are calculated.
3.3 Resupply is conducted in order to maintain operations.
3.4 Food safety and field hygiene procedures are implemented in accordance with the food safety plan to prevent illness and contamination.
3.5 Field catering operations are monitored to ensure effective catering processes.
3.6 Equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturers’ procedures and workplace procedures.
3.7 Defective performance, incorrect processes and procedures are identified, corrected and responded to in accordance with organisational guidelines.
3.8 Reports and returns are compiled and issued in accordance with workplace policies and procedures.
4. Control waste management
4.1 Method of waste disposal and waste disposal facilities are established in accordance with government regulations, environmental regulations and workplace procedures.
4.2 Team members are briefed on waste disposal procedures.
4.3 Worksite is kept clean and tidy during work operations.
4.4 Waste disposal containers are kept covered and sanitised in accordance with workplace procedures.
4.5 Waste is disposed of in accordance with government regulations, environmental regulations and workplace procedures.
4.6 Precautions are taken to ensure spilt fuel, lubricants and chemicals do not pollute the environment.
5. Cease and pack up field catering operations
5.1 Staff are tasked to pack up field catering facilities.
5.2 Pack up is supervised to ensure the operation is conducted in accordance with the catering plan.
5.3 Stocktake of equipment is conducted.
5.4 Loading of stores and equipment is coordinated to ensure that transportation is suitable for the task.
5.5 Site is refurbished in accordance with workplace environmental procedures.
5.6 Debriefing/evaluation of the activity is facilitated to improve future activities.