Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCM309A, 'Implement and manage technical regulatory framework compliance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and manage technical regulatory framework compliance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Clarify the scope and level of technical regulatory framework activities
1.1 Range of technical regulatory framework operational components and relevant business arrangements of the organisation are identified and reviewed.
1.2 Analysis of the technical regulatory framework operations and relevant business arrangements of the organisation is conducted and the functions, products and services that may be subject to compliance requirements are identified.
1.3 Plan for determining relevant compliance requirements is developed and documented.
1.4 Approval for the plan is obtained from the relevant internal authority.
2. Identify compliance requirements
2.1 Search is carried out of sources of information on internal and external compliance requirements using appropriate search resources.
2.2 Search of compliant requirements, scans across all relevant jurisdictional laws and regulations, and industry and organisational codes and standards are undertaken and related compliance requirements are identified.
2.3 Gathered information on relevant compliance requirements is progressively reviewed in terms of its relevance to organisational operations, services and products.
2.4 Ambiguities, uncertainties and problems experienced while interpreting identified compliance information are discussed and clarified with relevant internal or external stakeholders..
2.5 Relevant compliance requirements are identified, analysed and prioritised in terms of critical implications for the organisation, and the risks and consequences of possible breaches.
3. Document and communicate compliance requirements
3.1 Outcomes of the identification and interpretation activities are organised and documented in specified information management systems documentation.
3.2 Specified information management systems documentation is approved by appropriate internal authority.
3.3 Reports of relevant compliance requirements and assessed implications are prepared and communicated to relevant personnel performing specific compliance management functions.
4. Implement technical compliance management system
4.1 Components of the planned technical compliance management system are confirmed and proposed structures, procedures and budgetary arrangements for their implementation are clarified.
4.2 Implementation plan and schedule are developed for the compliance management systems in collaboration with managers and operations staff in accordance with the relevant technical regulatory framework.
4.3 Resources for the technical regulatory framework compliance management system are acquired and assigned in accordance with organisational policies and procedures .
4.4 Appropriate briefings and training are arranged to ensure relevant stakeholders including managers and operations staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities within the planned technical regulatory framework compliance management system.
4.5 Compliance management system is implemented in accordance with organisational plan.
5. Monitor implementation of the technical compliance management system
5.1 Agreed criteria for the operation of the technical compliance management system are determined.
5.2 Specified information on the operation of the technical compliance management system is gathered from appropriate sources.
5.3 Feedback and performance indicators on the operation of the technical compliance management system are reviewed in terms of agreed criteria.
5.4 Problems in the operation of the technical compliance management system, in particular any breach of compliance requirements, are identified and appropriate action is taken to address problems.
5.5 Where breaches in compliance requirements occur, specific timely action as detailed in the established compliance program is initiated and all relevant internal and external personnel are informed through the established reporting systems.