Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCM312A, 'Plan and establish technical regulatory framework compliant management systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and establish technical regulatory framework compliant management systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Determine applicable compliance requirements
1.1 Information on current compliance requirements applicable to the organisation or project is obtained and interpreted.
1.2 Each area of compliance requirement is reviewed in terms of relevant internal and external authorities, risks involved, ways of ensuring compliance, penalties for a breach of compliance, and areas and operations of the organisation most affected.
1.3 Differences in the responsibilities between executive and engineering/technical authority and their respective roles in the compliance process are identified and clarified.
1.4 Most appropriate compliant management system which satisfies the technical regulatory framework and business needs is selected or mandated for implementation.
2. Identify and select appropriate compliant management system/s
2.1 For each area of applicable compliance, an investigation is initiated to tailor a compliant management system that is consistent with the relevant technical regulatory framework, suitable for the organisation concerned and for controlling the risks involved.
2.2 Tailoring options for a suitable compliant management system and its various components are reviewed and compared on the basis of established analytical criteria.
2.3 Most appropriate compliant management system which satisfies the technical regulatory framework and business needs is selected for implementation.
3. Plan required compliant management system/s
3.1 Components of the proposed compliant management system are identified and documented.
3.2 Personnel requirements for the operation of the compliant management system are identified and appropriate staff are assigned or recruited.
3.3 Management information system requirements for effective and efficient operation of the compliant management system are identified and documented.
3.4 Complaints management system suitable for the organisation and its compliance responsibilities is selected for establishment.
3.5 Strategy for the development of a compliance management culture is determined in collaboration with relevant internal and external personnel.
3.6 Suitable processes and procedures for the identification and management of breaches in compliance requirements are identified and documented.
3.7 Review and reporting requirements in the various areas of compliance are determined, and suitable processes and procedures are developed.
3.8 Identified resources required for the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the proposed compliant management system are budgeted and assigned.
4. Document required compliant management system
4.1 Specifications for the various components of the proposed compliant management system are documented in accordance with the relevant technical regulatory framework requirements.
4.2 Action schedule for implementing, reviewing and maintaining planned compliant management system is documented, approved and disseminated to relevant internal and external personnel..
4.3 Approval is sought from appropriate internal and external personnel or authorities prior to the establishment of the proposed compliant management system.
5. Establish planned compliant management system
5.1 Managers and operations personnel are appointed and trained before assuming their compliance management responsibilities.
5.2 Components of the compliant management system are monitored in collaboration with the assigned staff in accordance with the approved plan.
5.3 Operation of the compliant management system is monitored in collaboration with assigned staff as per the approved plan.
5.4 Periodic reviews of the compliant management system are conducted in collaboration with assigned staff as per the approved plan.
5.5 Reports on the operation and review of the compliant management system are prepared in accordance with established procedures and other compliance obligations.