Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCPL007, 'Implement and manage technical regulatory framework compliance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and manage technical regulatory framework compliance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Clarify scope and level of technical regulatory framework activities
Identify and review a range of technical regulatory framework operational components and relevant business arrangements of the organisation
Analyse technical regulatory framework operations and relevant business arrangements of the organisation and identify functions, products and services that may be subject to compliance requirements
Develop and document a plan for determining relevant compliance requirements
Obtain plan approval from relevant internal authority
Identify compliance requirements
Carry out source search of information on internal and external compliance requirements using appropriate search resources
Search compliant requirements across relevant jurisdictional laws and regulations, and industry and organisational codes and standards and identify related compliance requirements
Gather and progressively review information about relevant compliance requirements in terms of relevance to identified organisational operations, services and products
Discuss and clarify ambiguities, uncertainties and problems experienced with relevant internal or external stakeholders
Identify, analyse and prioritise relevant compliance requirements in terms of critical implications for the organisation, and risks and consequences of possible breaches
Document and communicate compliance requirements
Organise and document outcomes of identification and interpretation activities in specified information management systems
Obtain approval for specified information management systems documentation from appropriate internal authority
Prepare reports of relevant compliance requirements and assessed implications and communicate to relevant personnel performing specific compliance management functions
Implement technical compliance management system
Confirm components of planned technical compliance management system, and clarify proposed implementation structures and procedures
Clarify budgetary arrangements for implementing planned technical compliance management system
Develop implementation plan and schedule for compliance management systems in collaboration with managers and operational requirements
Acquire and assign resources for approved technical regulatory framework compliance management system
Ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of their roles and responsibilities within planned technical regulatory framework compliance management system
Implement compliance management system in accordance with organisational plan
Monitor implementation of technical compliance management system
Determine agreed criteria for operation of technical compliance management system
Review feedback and performance indicators on operation of technical compliance management system in terms of agreed criteria
Identify problems in operation of technical compliance management system, in particular any breach of compliance requirements, and take appropriate action to address
Report identified breaches in compliance through established reporting systems