Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFCPL008, 'Plan and establish technical regulatory framework compliant management systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and establish technical regulatory framework compliant management systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine applicable compliance requirements
Obtain and interpret information about current compliance requirements applicable to the organisation or project
Review each area of compliance required in terms of relevant internal and external authorities, risks involved, ways of ensuring compliance, penalties for a breach of compliance, and areas and operations of the organisation most affected
Identify and clarify differences in responsibilities between executive and engineering/technical authority and their respective roles in the compliance process
Evaluate and select the most appropriate compliant management system that meets the technical regulatory framework and business needs
Identify and select appropriate compliant management system/s
Initiate an investigation to tailor a compliant management system for each area of applicable compliance that is consistent with the relevant technical regulatory framework, suitable for the organisation concerned and for controlling the risks involved
Review and compare tailoring options for a suitable compliant management system and its various components on the basis of established analytical criteria
Select the most appropriate compliant management system for implementation that satisfies the technical regulatory framework and business needs
Plan required compliant management system/s
Identify and document components of proposed compliant management system
Identify personnel requirements for operation of the compliant management system and assign or recruit appropriate staff
Identify and document management information system requirements for effective and efficient operation of the compliant management system
Select for establishment, the most suitable complaints management system for the organisation and its compliance responsibilities
Determine the strategy for the development of a compliance management culture in consultation with key stakeholders
Identify and document suitable processes and procedures to identify and manage breaches in compliance requirements
Determine review and reporting requirements across different areas of compliance, and develop suitable processes and procedures
Budget and assign resources required for the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the proposed compliant management system
Document required compliant management system
Document specifications for the various components of the proposed compliant management system in accordance with the relevant technical regulatory framework requirements
Document, approve and disseminate to relevant key stakeholders, a schedule for implementation, review and maintenance of the planned compliant management system
Seek approval from appropriate authorities prior to establishing the proposed compliant management system
Implement compliant management system
Appoint and train managers and operations personnel to undertake their compliance management responsibilities
Monitor components and operation of the compliant management system in collaboration with assigned staff in accordance with approved plan
Evaluate compliant management system in collaboration with assigned staff in accordance with approved plan
Prepare reports about the operation and evaluation of the compliant management system in accordance with compliance requirements and recommend remedial actions, as required