Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFDPA005, 'Develop and implement media plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement media plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Define media requirements
Identify target audience from the task brief
Analyse environment to determine the reach and frequency requirements of media selected
Analyse creative requirements of the message and determine media implications
Confirm media budget, and identify legal and voluntary constraints in accordance with operational procedures
Select media vehicles
Evaluate media vehicle options, considering past performance and appropriateness of using new or alternative media vehicles to meet brief requirements
Select media vehicles that target the specified audience and meet media budget requirements
Select media vehicles that meet the creative, reach and frequency requirements of the message to be achieved within the assigned budget
Assess selected media vehicles to meet legal and ethical requirements
Determine a media schedule
Ensure the duration and timing of the media schedule meets the brief requirements
Create a media schedule to the satisfaction of the event coordinator
Develop alternative media schedules within budget for the event coordinator
Develop testing schedule for the media plan and modify it in accordance with results obtained
Produce a media plan
Create a media plan that defines the media requirements of the brief and provide evidence to support each requirement
Specify the recommended media and vehicle/s and the rationale for their selection in the media plan
Ensure media plan contains a budget allocation per medium per advertising period
Develop performance measures to ensure effectiveness of media plan
Implement a media plan
Allocate resources and approve plans in accordance with operational procedures
Brief and coordinate personnel to be involved as required
Coordinate events and activities in accordance with media plan
Handle contingencies in accordance with organisational risk management arrangements identified in the planning for events/activities
Evaluate a media plan
Evaluate and analyse the coordination of media events and activities within the plan, to improve future planning
Evaluate events and activities in terms of their effectiveness in achieving desired outcomes