Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFDPA006, 'Develop and implement a public affairs strategic plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement a public affairs strategic plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Confirm organisational vision and mission
Check the currency of and support for organisational vision and mission with key stakeholders
Propose changes or refinements to vision or mission statement, as required
Gain support for strategic planning process and mission refinements from relevant stakeholders
Undertake approval process for required refinements in accordance with organisational procedures
Analyse the internal and external environment
Identify required information and undertake research to deliver relevant information
Analyse political, economic, social and technological developments
Seek advice from identified subject matter experts as required
Consider identified strengths and weaknesses of existing stakeholders
Analyse organisationâ€™s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
Identify organisational risk factors that will impact on the implementation of a strategic plan in accordance with operational procedures
Write strategic plan
Document relevant research and background for inclusion in the strategic plan
Formulate strategic objectives and strategies
Assign strategies a priority, timeframe, responsible parties and measurable performance indicators
Circulate strategic plan for comment, support and endorsement in accordance with operational guidelines
Implement strategic plan
Communicate strategic plan to relevant parties
Brief personnel who have a specific role in relation to strategies
Use performance indicators to monitor progress of the implementation of the plan
Make necessary refinements to the plan from feedback received
Evaluate achievement of objectives at agreed milestones
Review effectiveness of plan and consider methods for improving strategic planning processes