Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFDPA007, 'Develop and implement effective communication strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement effective communication strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Develop effective communication skills
Develop, promote, implement and review strategies for internal and external distribution of information
Address specific communication needs when developing and implementing strategies to avoid discrimination in the workplace
Establish and review channels of communication
Provide coaching in effective communication to staff as required
Use negotiation and conflict resolution strategies to promote effective operation of the organisation
Negotiate issues with key stakeholders, clients and staff in a way that leads to a mutually acceptable outcome
Maintain work related networks and relationships to ensure client needs and organisational objectives are met
Ensure communication with stakeholders and colleagues is appropriate to individual needs and the situation, and that it promotes achievement of organisational objectives
Facilitate group discussion
Define and implement mechanisms that enhance effective group interactions
Use inclusive strategies that encourage all group members to participate and that include seeking and acknowledging contributions from all members
Undertake an evaluation of group communication strategies to promote ongoing participation of all parties
Identify and address specific communication needs of individuals in accordance with operational policies and procedures
Produce quality written materials
Write and present information in a logical manner
Provide accurate and timely advice to management and stakeholders
Conduct formal discussions
Reach mutual agreement about and adhere to appropriate structures, timeframes and protocols during formal discussions
Acknowledge individual differences, needs and rights during the conduct of interviews and formal discussions, in accordance with organisational policies
Provide feedback and give advice in a way that reflects current identified good practice in accordance with organisational policies and procedures