Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFDPL014, 'Address complex legal and ethical issues in a Defence environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Address complex legal and ethical issues in a Defence environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Perform within legal and ethical parameters of a Defence environment
Apply a clear understanding of required guidelines and legislation as they impact on a Defence legal environment
Address the implications of guidelines and legislation
Handle client complaints sensitively and in accordance with identified guidelines
Handle all requests for client information in accordance with identified guidelines
Apply an understanding of the legal framework
Work with an understanding of how the law operates in a Defence environment with regard to legal processes, principles and penalties
Accurately apply concepts of negligence, duty of care and vicarious liability to a Defence environment
Apply a clear understanding of the requirement to obtain consent for treatment
Accurately use common legal terms associated with a Defence legal environment
Apply the legal requirements and expectations in relation to documented records and reports in a Defence environment
Apply mandatory reporting processes in line with jurisdictional requirements
Accurately apply client privacy and confidentiality practices
Identify legal principles
Interpret sources of law to facilitate critical analysis
Analyse sources of law critically to determine the legal precedent and determine application to the legal issue
Formulate response to the legal issue based on research
Communicate responses to inform stakeholders
Develop and implement strategies to resolve ethical issues within a Defence environment
Take responsibility for addressing ethical issues and legal requirements in line with own work
Complete all documentation in accordance with identified guidelines
Monitor compliance with legal obligations and requirements
Support the rights, interests and needs of clients
Comply with legal responsibilities and duty of care in all interactions with clients
Support client rights, interests and decisions
Encourage the client to exercise their rights to make informed decisions regarding their care
Demonstrate respect and support for the dignity of clients
Act as an advocate for client in line with identified guidelines and practices within a Defence environment