Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFEO303D, 'Monitor explosive ordnance environmental conditions'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor explosive ordnance environmental conditions' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify explosive ordnance requiring environmental control
1.1 Explosive ordnance requiring environmental control is identified from technical specifications and in accordance with organisationalinstructions and procedures
1.2 Environmental requirements for short-term and long-term storage are selected to match explosive ordnance type
1.3 Environmental limits for control are identified from technical specifications and in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures
1.4 Storage separations and co-storage applications are identified and recorded in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures
1.5 Net explosives quantities and compatibility are identified, calculated and monitored throughout the operation
2. Monitor explosive ordnance environmental conditions
2.1 Appropriate methods for determining environmental monitoring procedures of explosive ordnance are identified in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures
2.2 Monitoring devices are operated/monitored in accordance with current instructions and procedures
2.3 Storage areas are monitored for environmental standards in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures
2.4 Explosive ordnance is monitored to ensure compliance with environmental storage requirements
3. Identify and rectify problems
3.1 Implications of incorrect environmental standards are identified in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures
3.2 Causes related to loss of environmental standards are identified in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures
3.3 Procedures related to problem rectification are implemented in accordance with organisational instructions and procedures