Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFEO806A, 'Conduct environmental tests'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct environmental tests' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for environmental tests
1.1 Stakeholders and test participants are briefed in accordance with organisational policies and procedures, and test plan
1.2 Safety systems and procedures are checked and initiated in accordance with organisational policies and procedures, and test plan
1.3 Information on resource requirements and availability is obtained and confirmed in accordance with procedures
1.4 Information support systems for environmental tests, including achievable reporting and recording processes, are prepared in accordance with resource requirements
1.5 Coordination issues with others affected by the tests are negotiated and resolved
1.6 Safety traces are constructed when required, in accordance with standard procedures
1.7 Work health and safety (WHS) principles and requirements are identified and observed throughout the test process
2. Conduct tests
2.1 Environmental test planners are identified and liaison is effected in accordance with policies and procedures
2.2 Test plan is implemented, monitored and amended based on changing circumstances in accordance with methodologies and procedures
2.3 Tests are conducted in accordance with testing requirements
2.4 Resources are allocated to testing tasks in accordance with test plan and resource availability
2.5 Data being generated by tests is recorded in accordance with the agreed methodology
3. Report on test results
3.1 Data generated by the test is collected and reported in accordance with policies and procedures
3.2 Options and recommendations resulting from the test are provided in a clear and comprehensive format
3.3 Post testing reports, statistical reports and other records are produced and maintained in accordance with requirements