Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFEO900A, 'Develop explosive ordnance disposal techniques and render-safe procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop explosive ordnance disposal techniques and render-safe procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Locate, assess and identify explosive device
1.1 Explosive device is located and its components are identified in accordance with specified procedures
1.2 Explosive device construction is investigated and identified in accordance with current procedures
1.3 Controlling authority is advised of safety and evacuation requirements
1.4 Area security is confirmed in accordance with current procedures
1.5 Contact and liaison with other emergency services is established on arrival and maintained in accordance with current procedures
1.6 Specialist advice is sought in accordance with assessment requirements and standard procedures
2. Determine render-safe procedure/dispose of explosive device
2.1 Render-safe /disposal method is determined in accordance with situation considerations
2.2 Equipment, tools and stores required to render-safe/dispose of explosive device is identified and prepared for use in accordance with authorised procedures
2.3 RSP is conducted in accordance with developed process including work health and safety(WHS) requirements and recognised safety precautions
2.4 Equipment is operated in accordance with current instructions
2.5 Device and immediate area is inspected and either declared safe or alternate RSP/disposal operation is planned as required by policy and procedures
3. Finalise activities
3.1 Render-safe /disposal method is documented and distributed in accordance with policy and procedures
3.2 Equipment is recovered, refurbished and secured in accordance with current policy and procedures
3.3 Post explosive device disposal clearance is conducted in accordance with current policy and procedures
3.4 Explosive device disposal reports are completed and processed in accordance with current policy and procedures
3.5 Technical evidence is provided to inquiries/courts as required