Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFEQ003B, 'Manage equity and diversity'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage equity and diversity' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Contribute to the development, implementation and review of equity and diversity strategies
1.1 Equity and diversity issues in the workplace are identified in accordance with legislative requirements, and organisational policies and practices.
1.2 Equity and diversity strategies are developed in consultation with stakeholders, including people from key equity groups and the organisation’s clients.
1.3 Strategies are promoted within the organisation in accordance with standard procedures.
1.4 Achievable reporting and feedback processes are incorporated into strategies in accordance with standard procedures.
1.5 Effectiveness and efficiency of strategies is monitored and reviewed, and recommendations for enhancements are identified and acted upon in accordance with standard procedures.
2. Facilitate the development of a workforce that promotes and values equity and diversity
2.1 Benefits of a diverse workforce are identified, modelled and communicated to those working within the organisation.
2.2 Initiatives and resources to advance the position of equity and diversity groups within the organisation are developed and/or adopted.
2.3 Diversity factors associated with individuals are identified and utilised to address business needs.
2.4 Diversity training and awareness programs are utilised, as appropriate, to promote and encourage the benefits of a diverse workforce in accordance with equity and diversity principles.
2.5 Assistance is provided to maximise individual contribution to the attainment of the organisations objectives.
2.6 Strategies are applied to resolve grievance and complaints and to maximise the benefits obtained through a diverse workforce.
3. Communicate with a diverse workforce
3.1 Language and literacy issues are identified and addressed to facilitate full participation of all members in work and development activities.
3.2 Target audience is identified and tailored communications strategies are adopted in accordance with standard procedures.
3.3 A range of communication strategies are employed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce base in accordance with standard procedures.
3.4 Resources to facilitate effective communication within the workplace are identified and utilised in accordance with standard procedures.