Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFGEN029, 'Lead successful workplace relations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Lead successful workplace relations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Manage ideas and information
Ensure strategies and processes are in place to communicate information to all co-workers
Develop and implement consultation processes to ensure that colleagues have the opportunity to contribute to issues related to their work role
Facilitate feedback to colleagues on outcomes of the consultation processes
Develop and implement processes to ensure that issues raised are resolved promptly or referred to relevant personnel
Establish systems to develop trust and confidence
Establish and implement processes to ensure that the organisationâ€™s cultural diversity and ethical values are adhered to
Gain and maintain the trust and confidence of colleagues and external contacts through professional conduct
Adjust own interpersonal communication style to meet the organisationâ€™s cultural diversity and ethical environment
Manage the development and maintenance of networks and relationships
Use networks to build workplace relationships providing identifiable outcomes for the team and the organisation
Conduct ongoing planning to ensure that effective internal and external workplace relationships are developed and maintained
Foster cooperation between teams
Identify teams or individuals where cooperation would enhance work outcomes
Discuss areas where greater cooperation would yield benefits
Agree to and implement strategies to achieve greater cooperation in these areas
Manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
Develop and implement strategies to ensure that difficulties in workplace relationships are identified and resolved
Establish processes and systems to ensure that conflict is identified and managed constructively
Provide guidance, counselling and support to assist co-workers in resolving their work difficulties