Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFGEN307, 'Maintain logistic support in an adverse environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain logistic support in an adverse environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare for logistics operations in an adverse environment
Source and analyse intelligence to define the environment in which logistic support is to be provided, in accordance with organisational procedures
Identify adverse circumstances that could negatively impact on the delivery of logistic support
Analyse and assess adverse circumstances for their potential for occurrence and subsequent consequence to logistics operations
Develop and integrate risk management control measures into planning considerations
Integrate risk management control measures into logistics operations and communicate to all relevant logistics elements
Protect a logistics site
Plan protection of logistics site taking into account the technical requirements of delivering service support and siting requirements
Liaise with other logistics organisations to establish shared responsibilities and mutual support arrangements
Select and integrate protective control measures into protection plan
Develop and communicate protection plan to all relevant personnel in accordance with organisational procedures
Protect logistics road movement
Oversee and monitor road movement vehicle preparation to ensure vehicles are prepared for movement through an adverse environment
Liaise with vehicle escorts, as required, to establish common protocols for the road movement protection plan, communications arrangements and actions to be taken by personnel in adverse circumstances
Apply convoy protection control measures during road movement in accordance with organisational procedures and protection plan
Respond to emergency or threatening situations in accordance with organisational procedures and protection plan
Maintain communication links with the control centre and within the road convoy during road movement, as required, in accordance with agreed protocols