Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFLS007B, 'Maintain, pack and fit survival inflatable buoyancy vests'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain, pack and fit survival inflatable buoyancy vests' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Maintain survival inflatable buoyancy vests
1.1 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest and associated ancillary equipment are inspected for serviceability in accordance with standard procedures
1.2 Identified faults beyond own authority to rectify are reported to supervisor and faulty survival inflatable buoyancy vest and/or ancillary equipment is quarantined
1.3 Unserviceable parts of the survival inflatable buoyancy vest and/or ancillary equipment are replaced in accordance with standard procedures
1.4 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest is tested for serviceability in accordance with standard procedures and manufacturers' specifications
1.5 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest is cleaned in accordance with standard procedures
1.6 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest is presented for inspection by supervisor and work is not progressed until supervisor has completed inspections in accordance with standard procedures
1.7 Relevant documentation is completed in accordance with standard procedures
2. Pack survival inflatable buoyancy vests
2.1 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest is packed for use in accordance with standard procedures
2.2 Ancillary equipment is packed for use in accordance with standard procedures
2.3 Packed survival inflatable buoyancy vest and ancillary equipment are presented for inspection by supervisor and work is not progressed until the supervisor has completed inspections in accordance with standard procedures
2.4 Relevant documentation is completed in accordance with standard procedures
3. Fit survival inflatable buoyancy vests
3.1 Fitting process is explained to the participant so that optimal fit can be achieved through relevant feedback
3.2 Participant is measured to select appropriate size survival inflatable buoyancy vest
3.3 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest is adjusted to optimise fit
3.4 Survival inflatable buoyancy vest fit is verified through participant feedback and supervisor approval
3.5 Relevant documentation is completed in accordance with standard procedures