Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFMIL067, 'Maintain radar systems at field operator level'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain radar systems at field operator level' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Inspect radar systems and components
1.1 Identify specific inspection requirements using relevant maintenance documentation and modification status, including system defect reports where relevant.
1.2 Visually or physically check primary radar system components for external signs of defects.
1.3 Identify and note/report defects.
2. Test/adjust radar systems and components
2.1 Prepare radar system for the application of power/system operation.
2.2 Functionally test radar system for evidence of serviceability or malfunction.
2.3 Perform system calibration or adjustments.
3. Troubleshoot primary radar system faults
3.1 Draw conclusions about the nature and cause of the fault from available evidence and take appropriate action.
3.2 Use available information from maintenance documentation, inspection and test results to assist in fault determination.
3.3 Use maintenance manual fault diagnosis guides and logic processes.
3.4 Identify faults beyond authority to repair and document for higher level repair by an outside agency.
3.5 Locate, identify cause of and record primary radar system faults in maintenance documentation.
3.6 Identify, select and obtain spare parts, consumables and other equipment.
3.7 Rectify fault in accordance with maintenance documentation.
3.8 Complete documentation and records.