Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFOH017, 'Conduct a work health and safety audit'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct a work health and safety audit' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for an work health and safety audit
1.1 Areas to be audited are identified and recorded.
1.2 Appropriate audit tools are identified and prepared.
1.3 Applicable work health and safety legislation, codes of practice and standards are identified and researched.
1.4 Appropriate auditing methods and techniques are selected.
1.5 All personnel involved in the audit are briefed.
2. Conduct an work health and safety audit
2.1 Relevant audit and work health and safety records are inspected.
2. Application of work health and safety legislation, codes of practice and standards are assessed.
2.3 Work health and safety practices, control strategies and management systems are assessed.
2.4 Auditing methods and techniques appropriate to the area are employed.
2.5 Audit is conducted and concluded within time and budget constraints.
3. Finalise an work health and safety audit
3.1 Relevant industry practices, processes and technologies are factored into the safety audit in accordance with standard procedures
3.2 Audit report is prepared and formatted in accordance with standard procedures
3.3 Audit report is presented in accordance with standard procedures
3.4 Audit records are updated in accordance with standard procedures
4. Confirm report recommendations and monitor implementation
4.1 Recommendations are followed through in accordance with standard procedures
4.2 Work health and safety system documentation is amended in accordance with standard procedures
4.3 Implementation of recommendations is monitored in accordance with standard procedures