Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPA006, 'Develop and implement public affairs strategic plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement public affairs strategic plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Confirm organisational vision and mission
1.1 Currency of and support for organisational vision and mission are is checked with stakeholders.
1.2 Changes or refinements to vision or mission statement are made as required.
1.3 Support for strategic planning process is gained from all relevant stakeholders.
2. Analyse the internal and external environment
2.1 Information requirements are identified and research undertaken to deliver relevant information.
2.2 Political, economic, social and technological developments are analysed.
2.3 Advice is sought from appropriate experts wherever necessary
2.4 Strengths and weaknesses of existing stakeholders are identified and considered.
2.5 Organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analysed.
2.6 Consistency of the analysis of internal and external environment and the perspectives of other informed people is assessed.
3. Write strategic plan
3.1 Relevant research and background is documented for inclusion in the strategic plan.
3.2 Strategic objectives and strategies needed for the future are formulated.
3.3 Strategies are assigned a priority, timeframe, responsible parties and measurable performance indicators.
3.4 Strategic plan is circulated for comment, support and endorsement
4. Implement strategic plan
4.1 Strategic plan is communicated to all relevant parties.
4.2 People with a specific role in relation to strategies are briefed.
4.3 Performance indicators are used to monitor progress in implementing plan.
4.4 Necessary refinements are made to plan.
4.5 Achievement of objectives are evaluated at agreed milestones.
4.6 Effectiveness of plan is reviewed and methods for improving strategic planning processes considered.