Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPE002A, 'Conduct field refuelling operations using drum stock'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct field refuelling operations using drum stock' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for refuelling tasks
1.1 Equipment is inspected for serviceability and prepared for operation in accordance with workplace procedures
1.2 Refuelling site is established in accordance with workplace procedures and given directions
1.3 Safety equipment is selected and used during refuelling operations
1.4 Fuel products are handled in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and safety procedures
1.5 Fuel is tested for product contamination.
1.6 Contaminated product is quarantined and reported to supervisor
1.7 Work health and safety (WHS) requirements and recognised safety precautions are applied throughout the operation in accordance with standard procedures
1.8 Environmentally sustainable work practices are identified, assessed and implemented where feasible
2. Perform refuelling operations
2.1 Vehicles and equipment are earthed prior to commencement of refuelling operations
2.2 Refuelling tasks are conducted in accordance with workplace procedures
2.3 Refuelling equipment is operated in accordance with manufacturers' instructions
2.4 Refuelling operations are monitored and faults are rectified or reported in accordance with workplace procedures
2.5 Emergencies/incidents are responded to in accordance with emergency response plans
3. Finalise refuelling operations
3.1 Refuelling equipment is shut down in accordance with manufacturers' instructions
3.2 Refuelling equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and workplace procedures
3.3 Refuelling documentation is compiled in accordance with workplace procedures
3.4 Other fuel products are issued in accordance with workplace procedures
3.5 Refuelling equipment is packed away in preparation for re-deployment
3.6 Refuelling site is refurbished in accordance with organisational environmental policies and procedures