Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPE004A, 'Assist in the construction and maintenance of a non-permanent bulk fuel installation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist in the construction and maintenance of a non-permanent bulk fuel installation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for construction
1.1 Installation instructions, including schematic diagrams, are received and confirmed with supervisor
1.2 Equipment is selected and inspected for serviceability prior to construction
1.3 Safety equipment is set-up prior to commencement of construction
1.4 Work health and safety (WHS) requirements and recognised safety precautions are applied throughout the operation in accordance with standard procedures
1.5 Environmentally sustainable work practices are identified, assessed and implemented where feasible
2. Construct field bulk fuel installations
2.1 Storage tanks are positioned in accordance with schematic diagrams and orders
2.2 Manifold system is constructed in accordance with workplace procedures and schematic diagram
2.3 Problems encountered during construction process are rectified within scope of own authority or reported to supervisor
2.4 Installation is pressure tested and commissioned in accordance with supervisor's instructions and workplace procedures
2.5 Site is refurbished in accordance with workplace procedures
3. Maintain field bulk fuel installations
3.1 Equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and workplace procedures
3.2 Housekeeping duties are performed in accordance with workplace procedures
3.3 Bulk fuel storage tanks are measured and levels are recorded in accordance with workplace procedures
3.4 Emergencies are responded to in accordance with workplace procedures
3.5 Fuel istested for product contamination and results are recorded
3.6 Contaminated product is quarantined and reported to supervisor