Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPET007, 'Assist in the operation of the towed flexible barge system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist in the operation of the towed flexible barge system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare for operations
Obtain and confirm task with relevant personnel
Unpack and inspect components for serviceability
Assemble TFB system components in accordance with manufacturer specifications
Obtain and confirm operational, administrative and emergency response orders and procedures
Select and use appropriate personal protective equipment
Apply work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements and safety precautions in accordance with operational procedures and emergency response plan
Identify and apply environmentally sustainable work practices, as required
Complete appropriate documentation or records as required
Receive fuel from ship
Connect TFB to shipâ€™s pipeline in preparation for fuel transfer operations
Conduct pre-operation checks in accordance with task instructions
Test fuel for contamination, record results and quarantine defective product as required
Transfer fuel in accordance with task instructions
Disconnect TFB from refuelling ship in accordance with operational procedures
Issue fuel from TFB system to shore
Connect power pack, hydraulic lines and floating pipeline system to manifold raft
Connect TFB to manifold raft
Conduct pre-operation fuel transfer checks in accordance with manufacturer specifications and operational procedures
Transfer fuel to meet task requirements
Monitor petroleum equipment during transfer and report or rectify faults in accordance with emergency response plan
Monitor fuel transfer gauges
Maintain communication with team members and relevant personnel during fuel transfer operations
Disconnect TFB from manifold raft
Inspect floating pipeline system with a pipeline inspection gauge in accordance with manufacturer specifications
Recover equipment safely
Clean and restow TFB system equipment
Inspect equipment for damage in accordance with operational procedures
Conduct maintenance and minor repairs, as required, ensuring compliance with environmental procedures