Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPHL009, 'Conduct a quick assessment of disease outbreak'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct a quick assessment of disease outbreak' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Initiate data gathering for quick assessment
Liaise with stakeholders to gain consent for quick assessment to occur, in accordance with operational policies
Determine factors affecting complexity of quick assessment
Obtain information on life cycle of disease outbreak using appropriate data collection methods in accordance with operational procedures
Task and provide guidance to persons assisting with quick assessment to enable them to assist independently
Conduct environmental measurements and testing to support quick assessment
Analyse epidemiologic data
Construct a chronology of events to identify initial causative incident
Analyse causative incident/s to identify nature of disease causing outbreak, in accordance with operational procedures
Analyse epidemiologic data to identify disease spread and to classify disease outbreak proportions
Compare factors relating to disease outbreak to treatment information and organisationâ€™s response to the disease outbreak in accordance with operational procedures
Contact relevant specialist authorities to seek expert advice to aid with assessment of disease, as required
Report assessment findings and implement disease control measures
Gain relevant stakeholder approval for assessment findings
Identify relevant control measures that specifically address factors relating to disease outbreak in accordance with operational procedures
Record and communicate assessment findings and control measures with relevant stakeholders
Conduct a control measure lesson learned activity to support wider environmental health support plan