Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPHL012, 'Manage environmental health operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage environmental health operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Issue tasking for environmental health teams
Review and clarify as required in consultation with relevant personnel, environmental health support plan to fully ascertain the support required to be delivered
Brief relevant personnel on recommendations for support requirements in the health support plan
Determine tasking schedule considering the best use of environmental health assets, time and availability of dependent organisations
Determine key performance indicators through consultation with relevant personnel and team leaders
Allocate resources within tasking schedule to ensure teams are equipped to achieve objectives
Task team leaders in accordance with health support plan and operational requirements
Supervise environmental health team operations
Liaise with dependent organisations to set expectations about service being provided and to establish a common understanding of team performance and interaction
Identify factors affecting delivery of environmental health support through consultation with team leaders and organisations receiving support
Identify and implement measures to improve delivery of environmental health support across all teams
Provide technical guidance to team leaders to ensure correct performance of environmental health measures
Monitor utilisation of assets and adjust tasking schedule to ensure efficient use of all resources
Maintain work records to allow reference and tracking of workflow to dependent organisations
Compile and submit reports and returns in accordance with operational procedure
Communicate technical environmental health advice to relevant personnel
Monitor effectiveness of environmental health support
Liaise with team leaders and dependent organisations to gauge acceptance, reception and benefits of environmental health support
Review information sources on environmental health performance
Monitor changes in environment to continually adapt tasking schedule to current situation
Optimise team composition, tasking schedule and asset allocation to ensure health support effectiveness