Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPHL014, 'Investigate and control outbreak of disease'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Investigate and control outbreak of disease' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Gather data in support of the investigation
Gain consent for investigation from relevant personnel within affected organisation and inform them of the investigation process
Determine and address factors affecting scope, risks and complexity of investigation to facilitate commencement of investigation activities
Task and guide personnel assisting with the investigation to enable them to assist independently
Analyse data gathered and confirm disease outbreak by comparison of reported cases with the usual incidence of cases experienced
Obtain a presumptive diagnosis from medical officer to focus investigation effort where feasible
Instigate initial control measures to limit the spread of disease and to provide early treatment to those displaying symptoms of disease, in accordance with operational procedures
Conduct interviews with affected and non-affected personnel to identify common factors in disease outbreak including potential disease source/s
Conduct on-site inspections of areas found to be common to those affected by the disease to gather site information to assist with the identification of disease source/s, in accordance with organisational procedures
Analyse and assess risk from site inspection and make appropriate recommendations to assist investigation
Analyse data to classify the path of disease
Collate data from relevant sources to enable comparison and analysis in accordance with organisational procedures
Assess disease characteristics and risk factors to determine disease route and likely targets
Determine disease attack rate to establish cumulative incidence rate of disease over the period of the outbreak
Develop an endemic curve diagram to show the spread of infection over time and to identify the likely incidents of exposure to the disease
Identify risk factors using infection attack rate data and likely incidence of exposure
Gather additional data based on identified risk factors and integrated into analysis
Classify the disease source, route and target by comparing information gathered during on-site inspection with analysis findings
Document and communicate the findings from the analysis to relevant personnel to enable appropriate notification to occur and to inform the development of disease control measures
Determine and implement disease control measures
Review compliance factors to identify systemic issues that may have contributed to the disease and which require corrective action
Determine clean up procedures to allow facilities and/or environment connected with disease source to return to normal activity as soon as possible
Determine disease control measures to provide immediate and long term control of disease in accordance with organisational procedures
Determine monitoring procedures to confirm compliance with initial clean up and disease control measures
Compile investigation findings and disease control measures into a disease outbreak report and issue to relevant personnel for review and implementation
Debrief stakeholders on disease outbreak to clarify investigation outcomes and provide lessons learned, in accordance with organisational procedures
Integrate disease control measures into wider environmental health support plan to apply lessons learnt for other operating areas and groups