Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPOL002, 'Conduct battlefield circulation and control operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct battlefield circulation and control operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Conduct a reconnaissance of a route
Conduct map reconnaissance of a route linking a number of points to identify potential hazards that may impact on the free flow of traffic along that route
Undertake route reconnaissance to identify, confirm or obtain more information on potential hazards that may impact on the free flow of traffic along that route
Provide verbal and/or written report on the findings of the reconnaissance to appropriate personnel, as directed
Control movement along a route
Obtain and interpret maps, overlays, reconnaissance reports, traffic control plans, movement instructions and movement plans, as required, to determine road movement information, identify traffic control tasks and identify the requirement for sign posting routes
Prepare and implement traffic control plan including contingency actions, as required, in accordance with organisational orders and instructions
Prepare, position, maintain and recover sign posting along a route in accordance with traffic control plan
Control traffic using a range of specialist equipment and in accordance with organisational procedures
Conduct speed checks, as required, in accordance with traffic control plan
Communicate and liaise with external agencies and traffic authorities to ensure full details of the operation are available
Operate a police post
Site and establish police post in accordance with traffic control plan and operational directives
Provide movement guidance and road traffic advice to authorised persons in accordance with traffic control plan