Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFRNG001, 'Provide technical advice on ranges and training areas'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide technical advice on ranges and training areas' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Identify and analyse the issue(s)
1.1 Observe, receive and clarify the circumstances that require the provision of advice.
1.2 Identify and confirm issues via consultation with relevant personnel.
1.3 Analyse the circumstances and interpret the issues.
1.4 Conduct research related to the issues and clarify unclear findings with relevant personnel.
2. Formulate options
2.1 Identify and evaluate options related to the provision of advice.
2.2 Prioritise options and select the preferred option.
3. Provide advice
3.1 Formulate advice and discuss with stakeholders.
3.2 Negotiate, incorporate and document stakeholder requirements within the proposed advice.
3.3 Provide concluding advice within the specified time and budget.