Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FNSACCT604B, 'Monitor corporate governance activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor corporate governance activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research corporate governance reporting trends
Organisational practices are analysed to identify corporate governance obligations and performance
Queries from statutory and other regulatory authorities for corporate governance failure are examined to assess the change effects on internal control procedures
Content and structure of reports, returns and processes for review are assessed to evaluate policies being followed by the organisation
Determine processes for corporate governance adherence
Internal control procedures are analysed and monitored to determine performance indicators for compliance with corporate governance requirements
Information technology systems are evaluated to determine their use and suitability for recording data from operations and transactions for corporate governance obligations
Management processes to support corporate governance are established
Reporting plans are established to ensure completion of compliance requirements within scheduled timeframes
Examine corporate governance standards and practices
Application of, and adherence to, professional and legal accounting standards are monitored to identify emerging trends and interpretations of statutory and other regulatory requirements
Audit reports and practices are researched to assess methodologies and recommendations
Review corporate governance compliance
The achievement of performance indicators is assessed and reviewed against key result areas
Compliance preparation processes are monitored and reviewed in line with corporate governance requirements
Failures in compliance are analysed to diagnose shortcomings and to remedy processes in line with corporate governance requirements