Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FNSORG604A, 'Establish outsourced services and monitor performance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish outsourced services and monitor performance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Establish scope for outsourced services
1.1. A review is conducted to determine the extent to which selected activities are conducted internally or by outsourced services and identify which activities within the organisation should be outsourced
1.2. Scope of possible outsourced services is identified and documented
1.3. Legislative and regulatory requirements in required services are identified and documented
1.4. Recommendation or decision on scope of outsourced services is made according to organisational requirements
2. Establish criteria for outsourced services
2.1. Scope of expertise required for the outsourced service is defined and performance standards established and documented
2.2. Monitoring and reporting procedures for outsourced services are established and documented
2.3. Procedure for integrating outsourced services with practices is established and documented and briefing and tender documents prepared
3. Select and engage outsourced suppliers
3.1. Tender process is implemented according to organisational guidelines and tender applications assessed according to required criteria with further information obtained if necessary
3.2. Suppliers of outsourced services are selected and engaged formally according to organisational guidelines
3.3. Outsourced supplier is briefed on required service and fund standards and procedures
3.4. Personnel within the organisation are informed about outsourced services and working implications
4. Monitor performance of outsourced services
4.1. Outsourced service performance is assessed against performance outcomes and organisational requirements and further review periods established
4.2. Required changes in service are negotiated
4.3. Supplier performance is documented and communicated internally as required
4.4. Outsourced services are re-engaged or disengaged as required