Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FPICOT2233A, 'Navigate in forest areas'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Navigate in forest areas' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for navigation
Applicable Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), legislative and organisational requirements relevant to navigation are specified and complied with
Information is gathered and relevant factors identified and checked with appropriate personnel
Suitable maps, equipment and navigation aids are selected and checked for accuracy, currency and operational effectiveness in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations
Faults or errors in maps and equipment are detected and corrected
Communication with others is established and maintained in accordance with OHS requirements
Plan the route
Route is planned in accordance with assignment instructions and OHS requirements
Maps are examined to identify relevant symbols and information and navigation data
Emergency or contingency exit routes are planned
Limitations in planning are specified and assistance sought in accordance with organisational requirements
Navigation is undertaken in accordance with planned route and schedule
Maps are correctly orientated to surroundings in accordance with planned route
Equipment and navigation aids are used in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations
Alternative routes are navigated to bypass obstacles and improve efficiency of route or course