Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FPIFGM4201B, 'Implement a forest establishment plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement a forest establishment plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for establishment
1.1. Applicable occupational health and safety (OHS), environmental, legislative and organisational requirements relevant to implementing a forest establishment plan are identified and followed
1.2. Local authority coverage, land owning and boundaries, and forest design plan are identified and assessed
1.3. Forest location including map and grid references are identified
1.4. Land use zoning is identified and planning permits are checked for approval status
1.5. Site environmental protection measures are adhered to in line with relevant legislation and regulations
1.6. Communication with others is established and maintained in line with OHS requirements
2. Implement forest establishment plan
2.1. Method of establishment is selected in line with the requirements of the forest type, and environmental and organisational guidelines
2.2. Forest type and available species are selected for establishment
2.3. Topography is identified
2.4. Operational activities are directed and scheduled, including required people, material and equipment, in line with organisational guidelines
2.5. Forest design plan and planting strategy are coordinated to establish the forest
3. Monitor and review establishment plan
3.1. Environmental protection measures for the landscape, soil and drainage are inspected for correct implementation
3.2. Operational staff, clients and contractors are regularly communicated with during the establishment phase to ensure smooth operation and progress
3.3. Operational activities are monitored and reviewed for potential improvements
3.4. Establishment method is reviewed and diagnosed for potential improvements
3.5. Forest establishment plan implementation results are recorded and reported