Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver FPITMM4203B, 'Install and commission CNC software'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install and commission CNC software' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare for software installation
1.1. Applicable Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), environmental, legislative and organisational requirements relevant to installing and commissioning CNC software are identified and followed
1.2. Program format and operational purpose are accurately diagnosed and specified applications identified
1.3. Specifications are checked for intended operating conditions
1.4. Program instructions are checked for compliance with specifications
1.5. Software timers are counter set to specification
1.6. Communication with others is established and maintained in line with OHS requirements
2. Install automatic process machine control programs
2.1. Appropriate program loading technique is selected
2.2. External loading devices are correctly connected to automatic process machine control system
2.3. Machine control system is placed in correct operational mode to accept program loading
2.4. Program is downloaded in line with manufacturer's' recommended procedure and enterprise requirements
2.5. Checks are made during and after downloading to ensure accurate and complete data transfer
2.6. External program loading devices and connections are disconnected from process and machine control system
3. Commission automatic process and machine control program
3.1. Operation of the equipment using the program is monitored for accuracy and safe performance
3.2. Outputs are checked and measured for compliance with specifications
3.3. External inputs are checked for compliance with specifications, in line with specified procedures
3.4. Total operation is checked for compliance with specifications
3.5. Location of program master copy storage is identified
3.6. Installation and commissioning process and equipment faults are recorded and reported to appropriate personnel